Enter Now/Entry Guide
Scheme B: Scheme for Winners of Specified Local Awards/ Competitions to Enter International Competitions/Awards
This scheme aims to minimize the financial burden of talented local designers and encourages them to enter the international competitions/awards under the government's financial support. This is the financial subsidy scheme in design industry to "encourage local winners to enter international competitions/awards" and promote the status of Hong Kong Designers among the international stage.
(i) Eligible Period
- All specified awards are eligible for application throughout the call for entries period, from 1 June 2020 to 31 May 2021.
- Award fees will be reimbursed from 1 June 2020 to 31 May 2021 and the reimbursement claim for application fees for specified awards will be released once after entry submission is accepted during this eligible period.
- There will be no retrospective approval for reimbursement claim in respect of awards obtained before the project call for entries period (i.e. 1 June 2020).
- Application will be counted on a First-Come-First-Served Basis based on the submission date of their application form. If the material information is missing, eg. flight ticket details, a 1-month period will be provided for participants to supplement the missing information.
- Reimbursement will continue until the fund has run out.
Awardees of these 5 local awards below are considered as the eligible participants of Scheme for Winners of Specified Local Competitions/Awards to enter International Competitions/Awards. But the reimbursable items of this category exclude any local award expenditures.
Detailed List of 5 Local awards to be covered by the Scheme B. Competitions/Awards out of this List will not be considered.
1. Gold and Silver Awardee of HKDA Global Design Awards 2018.
2. Grand, Gold and Silver Awardee of HKDC DFA 2019.
3. Gold and Silver Awardee of Hong Kong Smart Design Awards 2019.
4. Gold and Silver Awardee of Kam Fan Awards 2019.
5. Gold and Silver Awardee of Asia Pacific Interior Design Awards 2019.
- Must be 5 specified local awardees.
- For an individual applicant, he must be a Hong Kong permanent resident and the holder of Hong Kong 3-star ID card.
- For design companies or design-applying enterprises, it must be incorporated in Hong Kong and holds a valid Business Registration and Certificate of Incorporation.
- No age limit is imposed and it is not only limited to design practitioners only.
(If the public or design students have the capacity and talents to gain the specific awards, they are warmly welcome to apply too.)
- Maximum TWO applications are allowed for each applicant. Also, the awardees must have to use the same winning works in the specific local awards to enter the listed international competition and awards of 2020, other designs under their names will not be subsidised in this scheme.
The scheme is on a “First-Come, First-Served” basis and applicants who received the financial support from the scheme should undertake to share their works at the sharing seminar. An applicant is required to provide the name of the international competitions/awards and details of application, together with certification from the local award body. No application fee will be charged for applying HKDA SIDA 2020. However, an awardee of unlisted local competitions/awards in this program will not be considered.
In order to fully utilise the reimbursement funding, there are 3 conditions to reimburse from the budget of Scheme A, B or both A and B.
1. An applicant who has not applied for Scheme B but win the specified awards, will be fully reimbursed by Scheme A.
2. An applicant who has applied for Scheme B but failed to win the specified awards, will be fully reimbursed by Scheme B.
3. An applicant who have applied for Scheme B and also won the specified awards, will be reimbursed by both Scheme A and B as below:
Scheme B: Reimburse all the application fee until the winners' announcement.
Scheme A: Reimburse all the promotional fee once the winners are announced.
For example: Good Design Award
Applicant A applied for Scheme B to join this competition, he/she/it needs to pay the i) 1st Judging fee (~HK$797.58) which is also the entry fee, then he passed the 1st round, and enter the 2nd round judging, he/she needs to pay ii) 2nd Judging fee (~HK$4,227.19+), after the 2nd judging, he/she was nominated to the final judging, then he/she needs to pay iii) final judging fee (~HK$7,577.03+) to enter the final round, and he/she/it wins the award finally.
In this case, all "1st judging fee, 2nd judging fee, final judging fee" will be reimbursed from Scheme B as these are all the fees required to pay before the winners announcement. And the fees paid after the winners' announcement will be reimbursed from Scheme A.
The applicant is required to submit both invoices and receipts for reimbursement claim. The invoices and receipts must be issued in the name of the applicant. In order to avoid the double subsidy or duplicated financial support, an applicants needs to sign a guarantee that he/she/it has not gained any other funding sources while applying for the same specified international award in the same year.
(iv) Reimbursable items
1) Entry fee
3) Courier fee
As the Entry fee, Taxation and Courier Fee varies in different international competitions/awards, SIDA cannot indicate the ceiling of each reimbursable item.
Remark: The reimburable items exclude local awards expenditures.
(v) Reimbursement and Release of Grant
Reimbursement will be processed within 3 months after the application is considered successful.
Since the project is government-funded under CreateSmart Initiative governance, an applicant understands that this project is operating under the supervision of HKSAR Government, and agrees the reimbursement schedule will be followed by the actual payment schedule of CSI funding issued by the HKSAR Government. A successful applicant will receive 70% of the reimbursement in preliminary round of examination. The last phase of payment to the applicant can only be reimbursed after the application and documentary proof are approved by CSI. If the application is approved by the HKSAR Government, all the remaining amounts will be settled within 6 - 9 months once the project funds from CSI are received.