Enter Now/Entry Guide
Scheme B: Scheme for Winners of Specified Local Awards/ Competitions to Enter International Competitions/Awards
This scheme aimed to minimize the financial burden of talented local designers and encourage them to enter the international competitions/awards under the government financial support. This is the financial subsidy scheme in design industry to "encourage local winners to enter international competitions/awards" and increase the status of Hong Kong Designers among the international stage.
(i) Eligible Period
- All specified awards are eligible for application throughout the call for entries period, from 1/6/2020 to 31/5/2021.
- Award fees will be reimbursed from 1/6/2020 to 31/5/2021 and the reimbursement claim for application fees for specified awards will be allowed once after entry submission is accepted during this eligible period.
- There will be no retrospective approval for reimbursement claim in respect of awards obtained before the project call for entries period (i.e. 1/6/2020).
- Application will be counted on a First-Come-First-Served Basis based on the submission date of their application form. If the key information is missing, eg. flight ticket details, a 1-month period will be provided for participants to supplement the missing information.
- Reimbursement will continue until the fund has run out.
Awardees of these 5 local awards below are considered as the eligible participants of Scheme for Winners of Specified Local Competitions/Awards to enter International Competitions/Awards. But the reimbursable items of this category exclude any local award expenditures.
Detailed List of 5 Local awards to be covered by the Scheme B. Competitions/Awards out of this List will not be considered.
1. Gold and Silver Awardee of HKDA Global Design Awards 2018.
2. Grand, Gold and Silver Awardee of HKDC DFA 2019.
3. Gold and Silver Awardee of Hong Kong Smart Design Awards 2019.
4. Gold and Silver Awardee of Kam Fan Awards 2019.
5. Gold and Silver Awardee of Asia Pacific Interior Design Awards 2019.
- Must be 5 specified local awardees.
- For individual, must have a permanent residents of Hong Kong and the holders of Hong Kong 3-star ID cards.
- For design companies or design-applying enterprises, must be local registered and have Hong Kong Business Registration (BR) and Certificate of Incorporation (CI).
- No age-limited and not only limited to design practitioners only.
(If the public or design students have the capacity and talents to gain the specific awards, they are warmly welcome to apply too.)
- Maximum TWO applications are allowed for each applicant. Also, the awardees must have to use the same winning works in the specific local awards to enter the listed international competition and awards, other designs under their names will not be subsidised in this scheme.
The scheme is under the “First-Come, First-Served” basis and applicants who received the support from the scheme should undertake to display their works at the sharing seminar. The applicants are required to provide the name of the international competitions/awards and details of application, together with certification from the local award body. No application fee will be charged for applying HKDA SIDA 2020, however, awardee of unlisted local competitions/awards in this program will not be considered.
The specific local awards are in a high quality of design and highly recommended with cash sponsorship to enter the specified international design awards.
In order to fully-used the reimbursement funding, there are 3 conditions to reimburse from the budget of Scheme A, B or both A and B.
1. Applicants who have not applied Scheme B but won the specified awards, will be fully reimbursed by Scheme A.
2. Applicants who have applied Scheme B but failed to win the specified awards, will be fully reimbursed by Scheme B.
3. Applicants who have applied Scheme B and also won the specified awards, will be reimbursed by both Scheme A and B as below:
Scheme B: Reimburse all the application fee until the winners announcement.
Scheme A: Reimburse all the promotional fee once the winners announced.
For example: Good Design Award
Applicant A applied Scheme B to join this competition, he/she needs to pay the i) 1st Judging fee (~HK$797.58) which is also the entry fee, then he passed the 1st round, and going to the 2nd round judging, he/she needs to pay ii) 2nd Judging fee (~HK$4,227.19+), after the 2nd judging, he/she was nominated to the final judging, then he/she needs to pay iii) final judging fee (~HK$7,577.03+) to enter the final round, and he/she won the award finally.
In this case, all "1st judging fee, 2nd judging fee, final judging fee" will be reimbursed from Scheme B as these all are the fees need to pay before the winners announcement. And fees after the winners announced will be paid from Scheme A.
The applicant is required to submit both invoices and receipts for reimbursement claim. The invoices and receipts must be issued in the name of the applicant. In order to avoid the double subsidy or duplicated financial support, the applicants need to register and sign a guarantee form that they have not gain any funding sources while applying the same specified international award in the same year.
(iv) Reimbursable items
1) Entry fee
3) Courier fee
As the Entry fee, Taxation and Courier Fee are different in different international competitions/ awards, SIDA cannot indicate the ceiling of each reimbursable item.
Remark: The reimburable items exclude local awards expenditures.
(v) Reimbursement and Release of Grant
Reimbursement will be processed within 3 months after the application is considered successful.
Since the project is government-funded under CreateSmart Initiative governance, the applicants understand that this project is operating under the monitoring of HK Governments, and agrees the reimbursement schedule will be followed by the actual payment schedule of CSI funding issued by the HK government. Successful applicants will receive 80% of the reimbursement in preliminary round of examination. The last phase payment to the applicants can only be issued after the application and document proof are approved by CSI. If the application is approved by the HK government, all the remaining amounts will be settled within 6 - 9 months once the project funds from CSI are received.