Enter Now/Entry Guide
Scheme A: Scheme for Winners of Specified International Awards/Competitions
(i) Eligible Period
- All specified awards are eligible for application throughout the call for entries period, from 1 June 2020 to 31 May 2021.
- Award fees will be reimbursed from 1 June 2020 to 31 May 2021, and the reimbursement claim for award fees for specified awards will be granted once after award announcement is released during the eligible period.
- There will be no retrospective approval for reimbursement claim in respect of awards obtained before the project call for entries period (i.e. 1 June 2020).
- Application will be counted on a "First-Come-First-Served Basis" based on the submission date of their application form. If any material information is missing, eg. flight ticket details, a 1-month period will be provided for applicant to supplement the missing information.
- Reimbursement will continue until the fund has run out.
- Must be 24 specified international design awardees
- For individual applicant, he must be a Hong Kong permanent resident and the holder of Hong Kong 3-star ID card.
- For design companies or design-applying enterprises, it must be incorporated in Hong Kong and holds a valid, Business Registration Certificate.
- No age-limit is imposed and the applicant is not only limited to design practitioners only. (If the public or design students have the capacity and talents to gain the specific awards, they are warmly welcome to apply too.)
The scheme is on a “First-Come, First-Served” basis and an applicant, who receives the support from the scheme should undertake to share his/her/its works at the SIDA sharing seminars. No application fee will be charged for applying HKDA SIDA 2020. However, awardee of unlisted competitions/awards in this program will not be considered.
Funding support is given in the form of a lump sum grant. A total sum of the award participation fee of each listed awards will be disbursed once an applicant is being awarded as a winner. Each award will be base on its application and award fee to have the reimbursement. An awardee or awardee's representative must attend the award ceremony to receive the award, if no representative showcases in the award ceremony, no reimbursement can be applied. The meaning of “award fee” is the compulsory fee of which the awardee needs to pay in order to get the award such as the winners’ promotion fee, the interview fee, the printing fee and etc. for those fee asked by the award organizers with official receipts.
An applicant is required to provide the project name, project description, information of the designer/designers or design companies including names, addresses, telephone numbers, ID numbers of the designers and contact persons.
An applicant is required to submit both invoices and receipts for reimbursement claim and issued in the name of the applicant (for representative's flight and accommodation, the payer must be under the name of the applicant and the representative will be the guest name). In order to avoid the double subsidy or duplicated financial support, an applicant needs to sign a guarantee that he/she/it has not gain any other funding sources while applying the same specified international award in the same year using the same design.
(iv) Reimbursable items
Reimbursable items are:
1) Entry fee
3) Courier fee
4) Publication fee
5) Exhibition fee
6) Flight and accommodation for attending the award ceremony. (This only applies when the organizer has sent an official invitation to the winner. Only ONE representative will be sponsored to attend the award ceremony. One two-way sir ticket in economy class to the destination of the award ceremony and two nights' hotel accommodation not exceeding HK$2,000 per night for this representative will be allowed.)
As the Entry fee, Taxation, Courier Fee, Publication Fee and Exhibition Fee varies in different international competitions/awards, SIDA cannot indicate the ceiling of each reimbursable items, but the maximum of each award is HK$100,000 while the maximum reimbursement cap for a design unit (designer or design company) in the Scheme for Winners of Specified International Competitions/Awards is HK$ 200,000.
For illustration purposes, a designer/design cannot reimburse more than HK$200,000 even if the designer wins more than one specified international awards within the eligible period.
The maximum reimbursement of each award is HK$100,000. SIDA will not specifically separate the reimbursable items (because different awards have different amount on the above fee, it is unfair to cut-off in a single amount).
Designer A wins 2 awards and has already paid HK$120,000 for each award. He can only reimburse the maximum cap of HK$100,000 for a single award, so the reimbursement will be HK$100,000 + HK$100,000 = HK$200,000.
Designer B wins 3 awards and has already paid HK$120,000 for the first award, HK$50,000 for the remaining two awards. He can reimburse HK$100,000 for the first award and HK$50,000 for the remaining two awards, the total reimbursement will be HK$100,000 + HK$50,000 + HK$50,000 = HK$200,000.
Designer C wins 8 awards and paid HK$20,000 for all awards, he can reimburse all the awards, the total reimbursement will be HK$20,000 x 8 awards = HK$160,000.
Thus, SIDA do not restrict the number of awards, but restricts the maximum reimbursement amount of each award and the maximum reimbursement amount of each design unit under the First-Come-First-Served Basis.
(v) Reimbursement and Release of Grant
Reimbursement will be processed within 3 months after the application is considered successful.
Since the project is government-funded under CreateSmart Initiative governance, an applicant understands that this project is operating under the supervision of HKSAR Government, and he/she/it agrees the reimbursement schedule will be followed by the actual payment schedule of CSI funding issued by the HKSAR Government. A successful applicant will receive 70% of the reimbursement in the preliminary round of examination. The last phase of payment to the applicant can only be issued after the application and documentary proof are approved by CSI. If the application is approved by the HKSAR Government, all the remaining amounts will be settled within 6 - 9 months once the project funds from CSI are received.