Enter Now/Entry Guide
Scheme A: Scheme for Winners of Specified International Awards/Competitions
(i) Eligible Period
- All specified awards are eligible for application throughout the call for entries period, from 1/6/2020 to 31/5/2021.
- Award fees will be reimbursed from 1/6/2020 to 31/5/2021, and the reimbursement claim for award fees for specified awards will be allowed once after award announcement is made during this eligible period.
- There will be no retrospective approval for reimbursement claim in respect of awards obtained before the project call for entries period (i.e. 1/6/2020).
- Application will be counted on a First-Come-First-Served Basis based on the submission date of their application form. If the key information is missing, eg. flight ticket details, a 1-month period will be provided for participants to supplement the missing information.
- Reimbursement will continue until the fund has run out.
- Must be 24 specified international design awardees
- For individual, must have a permanent residents of Hong Kong and the holders of Hong Kong 3-star ID cards.
- For design companies or design-applying enterprises, must be local registered and have Hong Kong Business Registration (BR) and Certificate of Incorporation (CI).
- No age-limited and not only limited to design practitioners only.
(If the public or design students have the capacity and talents to gain the specific awards, they are warmly welcome to apply too.)
The scheme is under the “First-Come, First-Served” basis and applicants who received the support from the scheme should undertake to display their works at the SIDA sharing seminars. No application fee will be charged for applying HKDA SIDA 2020, however, awardee of unlisted competitions/awards in this program will not be considered.
The applicants are required to provide the project name, project description, information of the designer/designers or design companies including names, addresses, telephone numbers, copy of BR of the companies, ID numbers of the designers and contact persons.
Funding support is given as a lump sum grant. A total sum of the award participation fee of each listed awards will be disbursed once the applicants are being granted as winner. Each award will be based on its application and award fee to have the reimbursement, awardee or awardee's representative must go to the award ceremony to gain the award, if no representative showcase in the award ceremony, no reimbursement can be applied. The meaning of “award fee” is the compulsory fee of which the awardee need to pay in order to get the award such as the winners’ promotion fee, the interview fee, the printing fee and etc. for those fee asked by the award organizers with official receipts.
The application is required to submit both invoices and receipts for reimbursement claim and issued in the name of the applicant (for representative's flight and accommodation, the payer must be under the name of the applicant and the representative will be the guest name). In order to avoid the double subsidy or duplicated financial support, the applicants need to register and sign a guarantee form that they have not gain any funding sources while applying the same specified international award in the same year using the same design.
(iv) Reimbursable items
Reimbursable items are:
1) Entry fee
3) Courier fee
4) Publication fee
5) Exhibition fee
6) Flight and accommodation for the collection of the award. (This only apply when the organizer has send an official invitation to the winner. Only ONE representative will be sponsored to collect the award. One air returns ticket at economy class to the location of award ceremony and two nights' hotel accommodation not exceeding HK$2,000 per night for this representative.)
As the Entry fee, Taxation, Courier Fee, Publication Fee and Exhibition Fee are totally different in different international competitions/awards, SIDA cannot indicate the ceiling of each reimbursable items, but the maximum of each Award is HK$100,000 while the maximum reimbursement cap stated for a design unit (designer or design company) in the Scheme for Winners of Specified International Competitions/Awards is HK$ 200,000.
Therefore, the 1st condition is the Design Unit cannot gain more than HK$200,000 even the designer won a lot of specified international awards within the eligible period.
And the 2nd Condition is the maximum reimbursement of each Award is HK$100,000. It is because SIDA cannot specifically separate the reimbursable items (because different awards have different amount on the above fee, it is unfair to cut-off in a single amount).
Designer A won 2 awards and has already paid HK$120,000 for each award. He can only reimburse HK$100,000 for every single award, so the reimbursement will be HK$100,000 + HK$100,000 = HK$200,000. Designer B won 3 awards and paid HK$120,000 for the first award, HK$50,000 for the remaining two awards. He can reimburse HK$100,000 for the first award and HK$50,000 for the remaining two, the total reimbursement will be HK$100,000 + HK$50,000 + HK$50,000 = HK$200,000.
Designer C won 8 awards and paid HK$20,000 for all awards, he can reimburse all the awards, the total reimbursement will be HK$20,000 x 8 awards = HK$160,000.
Thus, SIDA do not restrict the number of awards, but restrict the maximum reimbursement amount of each award and the maximum reimbursement amount of each design unit under the First-Come-First-Served Basis.
(v) Reimbursement and Release of Grant
Reimbursement will be processed within 3 months after the application is considered successful.
Since the project is government-funded under CreateSmart Initiative governance, the applicants understand that this project is operating under the monitoring of HK Governments, and agrees the reimbursement schedule will be followed by the actual payment schedule of CSI funding issued by the HK government. Successful applicants will receive 80% of the reimbursement in preliminary round of examination. The last phase payment to the applicants can only be issued after the application and document proof are approved by CSI. If the application is approved by the HK government, all the remaining amounts will be settled within 6 - 9 months once the project funds from CSI are received.